How Do I Join Redeemer Church?
Redeemer’s mission is to “Connect people with the love and life of Jesus Christ.” As part of that connection, we believe in certain core values, including the covenant of membership. We believe that it costs something to be a follower of Jesus Christ, and we encourage each other to be active participants, not spectators. Membership at Redeemer is a commitment between God, the church as the Body of Christ, and the individual. This commitment is life changing and lifelong.
The Participating Membership course gives prospective members an opportunity to explore, acknowledge, and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ through His Body, the church. There are five objectives:
- To provide a basic knowledge of the Christian faith
- To explore the unique history and theology of the United Methodist church
- To experience fellowship and growth through a small group
- To provide an opportunity to explore and claim individual spiritual gifts
- To investigate opportunities for servant ministry
The completion of Participating Membership is required for membership at Redeemer. It is an 3-hour course offered several times during the year. Watch the Worship folder for times and dates.
Reception of New Members
After completion of Participating Membership, participants who desire to become members will be received as full members of Redeemer United Methodist Church. This offers new members an opportunity to proclaim their faith and to confirm the vows made at their baptism. If a new member has not been previously baptized, baptism will be required before being received into membership.
Baptism is offered within the context of the worship service to infants, children and adults. One of two sacraments of the church, baptism is an outward sign of an inward grace. Because God is the active agent in the sacrament, it is not repeatable, and we recognize baptisms done in the context of other communities of faith.
In response to God’s love and grace, we offer ourselves and all that we are in God’s service. The tithe (ten percent of income) is the biblical standard of giving, and church members are expected to grow toward that standard.
If You’re Interested in Joining Redeemer Church …
- Watch the worship folder for an announcement of the next membership course.
- Contact the church office at 517.669.3430 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information