How We Serve
Parents with limited incomes are often forced to choose between getting their children ready for school and paying their rent or utilities. By helping families with school supplies, students can begin the school year with confidence and be “ready to learn”.
For three weeks stretching from the end of July to mid-August, Redeemer members donate school supplies for school-aged children (preschool – 12th grade) in Clinton County, north Lansing schools and SafeCenter (domestic violence program). These items are sorted and placed in new backpacks and provided to students before they begin the school year.
How to Get Involved
- Purchase recommended school supplies and large backpacks. (The large backpacks work best for all ages. Elementary school children have snow gear, lunch boxes, etc. Middle School, Jr. and Sr. High have books and binders.)
- Help sort and pack school supplies to fill age-specific backpacks.
We are kicking off the Backpack Ministry for 2017!
We will be collecting items until August 9th and assembling the backpacks after the 11:00 service on August 13th. There are many ways for you to get involved in this ministry:
- Grab a Apple Tag from the caterpillar display in the lobby, purchase the items listed and return by Wednesday, Aug 9th.
- ITEMS NEEDED: Large Backpacks, Crayons (24 count), #2 pencils, glue sticks, pens (blue, red and black), colored markers and pencils, pencil cases, scissors, spiral notebooks, pocket folders and 3-ring binders.
- Sign up at the display in the lobby to help sort supplies during the week.
- Stay Sunday, August 13th after the 11:00am service to help stuff backpacks.
- You can also make a monetary donation and we’ll shop for you! Just indicate “Backpack Ministry” on your check or envelope and place it in the offering plate.
- You can also donate through our mobile app or online or through text-to-give by texting 517-731-0518. Indicate the Donation amount [space] Backpack. For example, $5.00 Backpack
Thank you for your support.
Our goal is to provide over 300 backpacks this year!
For More Information Contact Debby