How We Serve
Each December, Redeemer helps area families through the ministry of the “Christmas Giving Tree”. Names of families are provided by local human service organizations and by members of Redeemer. A tree in the lobby is decorated with tags describing specific items of clothing and toys to be purchased for these “adopted families”.
How to Get Involved
- Choose a tag(s):
- Purchase, wrap and return the requested gift item(s) approximately two weeks before Christmas for distribution.
- Adopted families are also provided with a holiday meal and a bag of household paper and cleaning products (new in 2014). These items are not wrapped.
- Help sort items by family for pick-up day.
- Help deliver items to families who are unable to pick up gifts due to lack of transportation or other special circumstances.
For More Information Contact Jana or Alison
2017 Giving Tree
The Giving Tree is up in the lobby and ready for us to share some Christmas blessings.
We will providing for 60 families this year! Each child will receive 3 gifts, adults 1 gift, 1 household gift per family, a personal care basket per family, a Christmas Day food basket with ham and all the fixins’, and an extra tote of food for the holiday break.
If you are unfamiliar with the Giving Tree, the basic concept is as follows:
- Gift suggestions, for Clinton County families that need some extra help this year, are put on tags and hung on the tree.
- Anyone can select a tag from the tree (for either gifts or personal care baskets) and shop for the items.
- Presents are then wrapped by the donating family and returned to the church with the tag secured on the outside of the gift.
- Special bags are provided to serve as an extra food tote!! We know that most of the kids from our adopted families receive free breakfast and lunch meals at school. Many don’t look forward to break knowing that they won’t eat 3 meals a day. The food tote provides extra non-perishable food items for these families.
- If you would like to participate but don’t have time to shop, monetary donations can be dropped off in the church office, given on-line at www.dewittredeemer.org, through the mobile app or placed in the offering plate. Please note “Giving Tree” on the check and someone will do the shopping and wrapping for you.
Please return all gifts by Sunday, December 10th.
The gifts will be sorted and distributed to families later that week.