Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Jacqueline Himelright, M.A.
What is a Marriage & Family Therapist? (MFT)
· A licensed mental health practitioner
· An MFT Practitioner has a Masters or Doctoral level education specializing in Marriage & Family Therapy
· A mental health generalist with a focus on relational dynamics
· One of the core mental health professionals recognized by the federal government
How are MFTs different from other mental health practitioners?
· MFTs receive rigorous training in a variety of therapeutic modes
· A systemic approach is used as a framework for assessment and intervention
· Works collaboratively when needed with other professionals
How can a MFT help my family?
· Counseling services to improve couple relationships
· Premarital assessment and education
· Parent-child issues
· Divorce and step family counseling
· Transitions through grief and loss
· Adjustment to chronic illness or illness of a family member
· Processing traumatic life events and the effects on family relationships
· Support and education relevant to depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues and the effects on family relationships
· Support and education relevant to end of life and age-related transitions for individuals and their family members
· Jackie offers a reduced fee for Redeemer families