Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Jacqueline Himelright, M.A.
Click here to access Jackie’s website.
Individual & Couples Therapist
Rebecca Fitton, Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
What is a Marriage & Family Therapist? (MFT)
· A licensed mental health practitioner
· An MFT Practitioner has a Masters or Doctoral level education specializing in Marriage & Family Therapy
· A mental health generalist with a focus on relational dynamics
· One of the core mental health professionals recognized by the federal government
How are MFTs different from other mental health practitioners?
· MFTs receive rigorous training in a variety of therapeutic modes
· A systemic approach is used as a framework for assessment and intervention
· Works collaboratively when needed with other professionals
How can a MFT help my family?
· Counseling services to improve couple relationships
· Premarital assessment and education
· Parent-child issues
· Divorce and step family counseling
· Transitions through grief and loss
· Adjustment to chronic illness or illness of a family member
· Processing traumatic life events and the effects on family relationships
· Support and education relevant to depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues and the effects on family relationships
· Support and education relevant to end of life and age-related transitions for individuals and their family members
· Jackie offers a reduced fee for Redeemer families
What is a Licensed Professional Counselor?
• A licensed mental health practitioner
• An LPC has a Masters level education
• One of the core mental health professionals recognized by the federal government
Will this be covered by insurance?
Currently Rebecca is able to receive payments from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Blue Care Network, McLaren, Medicaid, Magellan Behavioral Health, Cigna, and Beacon. Health insurance plans vary and you may have to meet your deductible or have a co-pay.
What kinds of difficulties can Rebecca help with?
• Pre-marital assessment and education
• Relief from anxiety and depression
• Understanding and managing family conflict
• Transitions through grief and loss
• Life Transitions such as divorce or new job
• Difficulty navigating peer relationships
• Improving Self Esteem
• Sex Therapy
• Sexual Addiction
• Trauma and PTSD
• Rebecca works with ages 13 and older.